Contributed by Paul C, Venice, CA – May 2021 Recipe Contest Winner
Level of difficulty: Easy
Yield: 4 servings
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
- Boil pasta according to instructions on the box.
- Salt the water. Do not add oil. Adding oil will prevent the pasta from absorbing the sauce.
- We suggest that you strain the pasta well in a colander as soon as it reaches the minimum cook time. This will ensure that the pasta is al dente and will absorb the sauce better.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet or sauté pan over medium heat
- Add the sausage and brown thoroughly. Break it up, but leave it a little on the chunky side. If you bought links, cut the casing and remove the sausage before adding it.
- Drain excess fat from the sausage·
- Add the Mama Yolanda’s Traditional Sauces® Authentic Italian Tomato Gravy to the sausage in the same pan and simmer for 2-3 minutes
- Add Tomato Gravy/Sausage combination to the pot used for cooking the pasta.
- Add drained pasta to meat sauce and cook over medium heat for 2 minutes stirring continuously to prevent burning. This will improve absorption of the sauce and the reduction of undrained water on the plate.·
- Serve on a large plate and garnish with grated or shaved Parmesan cheese to taste
Paul likes to pair this dish with Modelo Negro (dark beer) and Herradura Añejo (tequila) for dessert. He also suggests a basic garden salad and some ciabatta bread to round out the meal.